From 8 to 8500:
In March 2020, when disposable masks were unavailable, Knit Crochet with Love (KCWL) and local residents came together to make and provide fabric masks to front line health care workers. This truly was a community project and was successful because of all the dedicated volunteers who put in their heart and soul in helping the community. This video is dedicated to all you amazing volunteers as our way of saying “Thank you! “
Because of the overwhelming support from the community, organizations, and various companies, KCWL was able to provide free masks to those who needed them the most. We also received donations of raw materials such as fabric, elastic, thread and sewing machines.
KCWL greatly appreciates help received from the following groups and organization for their support in the fabric mask project.
- Aditi Tandon and Pooja Krishnan of Maroon Oak for providing us with their help, support and guidance on this project.
- Kavi’s School of Dance and Ayesha Gurn for organizing a fundraisers to raise funds to help our mask making efforts.
- Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences for giving us the opportunity in providing masks to various communities in Newark. The IDEA grant was offered by the office of the Vice Chancellor for diversity and inclusion.
- A Home, Summit
- Allstate Foundation Helping Hands Grant
- Becht Engineering
- Bridgewater Raritan Middle School
- ComForCare Home Care
- Guide Fabrics
- HillsBorough Medical Associates
- Neurocognitive Institute
- Nishoo Sethi- Realtor, Keller Williams Realty
- Ridge Oak Senior Housing
- Rust-Oleum Corporation
- Serena and Lily
- Shrimad Rajendra Love and Care (SRLC-USA)
- Star Mortgage and Finance, LLC
- Thibaut Fabric